AIBE Guidance Program
All India Bar Examination is conducted by the Bar Council of India for such newly enrolled Advocates who completed their LL.B. after the session of 2008-2009. Thus, all newly enrolled Advocates who completed their LL.B. from the session 2009-2010 onwards are required to appear for and clear this exam before the end of three years from the date of their provisional enrollment as Advocate
The exam is conducted every year. It has multiple choice objective questions whose answers are to be marked on OMR sheets. There are 100 questions of one mark each. The exam time is three hours. The candidate is required to score at least 40 marks to pass the exam. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. The candidates may carry their books and refer to them to search for the answers. Therefore, the exam may be said to be of easy nature. However, the candidate should at least know where the answer to the different questions could be found so that he may search for the answer quickly.
The questions are from different laws like the constitution, contract, criminal laws, evidence, etc. For the detailed syllabus please visit the website of Bar Council of India and click AIBE.
One is advised as follows:
- Focus more on such papers for which the syllabus shows that more marks have been allotted i.e. from where more questions are expected to be asked.
- Read the bare Acts more and try to understand them before one reads the reference books
- A large number of candidates commit some silly mistakes on the OMR sheet like (a) they mistakenly darken the wrong circles on the OMR sheet even when they know the answers. For eg many candidates even darken the wrong circles for their (i) Name, or (ii) Roll no, etc. So it is advised that each candidate should purchase or download some OMR sheets and some previous year question papers, and practice as to (I) how to write their names, roll nos and other identification details required by the exam and how to know that they darken the correct circles for the identification details, and (II) how to write the answers i.e. darken the circles quickly and correctly.
- Take at least (i) two HB dark pencils, (ii) two erasers, (iii) two ball pens to write blue, (iv) two ball pens to write black, and (v) books that you have read most for the various papers so that you know where you could search the answer
- Also do not forget to carry your admit card, etc
Jharkhand state Bar Council conducts guidance programmes for the AIBE. The candidates who need any help may contact the Secretary